1. The warranty is granted for a period of 36 months, including 12 months for the varnish coating, counting from the date of purchase.
2. Notification of a complaint takes place at the moment of delivery to the Seller at the address of its headquarters: 2C/5 Suwalska Street, 16-427 Przerośl, by the Buyer of the advertised goods together with a warranty card, a valid proof of purchase and a letter containing a description of the reported objections signed by the Buyer.
3. The complaint will be considered within 14 days from the moment of submitting the complaint. If the complaint is accepted, the Seller shall inform the Buyer in writing about the method and date of its settlement. If the complaint is rejected due to its unfoundedness, the Seller will send the advertised goods together with a letter explaining the reasons for rejecting the complaint to the Buyer's address.
4. The warranty does not cover damage caused by external causes, such as: mechanical damage, pollution, improper operation or handling inconsistent with the manufacturer's recommendations contained in the assembly instructions received with the goods, the use of improper consumables, as well as operation incompatible with the intended use.
5. Chrome rims are not intended for use in winter, because the chemicals and salt used to defrost roads may cause damage to the paint coating. If the Buyer fails to comply with these recommendations, the Seller shall not be liable for the resulting damage.
6. The warranty also does not apply in the event of unauthorized repairs of goods, use of bolts / nuts other than those recommended by the Seller during the lifetime, structural changes or use of products contrary to their intended purpose.
7. The warranty does not cover: caps, stickers, centering rings, valves, bolts and nuts.
8. The Seller is not obliged to provide the Buyer with replacement goods for the duration of the complaint procedures.
1. The Seller is liable to the Buyer if the sold Goods have a physical or legal defect (warranty), in accordance with generally applicable regulations, including the Civil Code (Article 556 et seq. of the Civil Code) and the Act on Consumer Rights.
2. The Seller is liable under the warranty if a physical defect is found within 2 (two) years from the release of the Goods.
3. A complaint under the warranty should be submitted in writing to the Seller's address: Suwalska 2c/5, 16-427 Przerośl.
4. In order to improve the complaint procedure, the complaint should contain the data of the person or entity submitting the complaint (name and surname or full name, contact details), indication of the defect, date of detection of the defect and the content of the request. The Goods should be attached to the application together with the proof of purchase.
5. The Seller shall respond to the Buyer's complaint within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of receipt of the complaint. In the event of rejection / groundlessness of the complaint, the Goods will be sent back by the Seller together with the response to the complaint to the address of the Buyer, indicated in the complaint.
6. If the defect constituting the basis for the complaint is not insignificant and if it is not possible to replace the Goods, the Seller will refund the amount due to the Buyer in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Civil Code regarding warranty.
7. Notwithstanding the above, the Buyer is alternatively entitled to the guarantee.